Monday, January 27, 2014

goodbye weekend

Pretty Eugenie Bouchard was in town today to promote the WTA year end championships. Saw on instagram that she had a forum with school children at the Arts Science Museum, how great to be a school kid. Too bad I'm 4 years too far on. But nevertheless I am amazingly excited and cannot wait for October to come!

In other news, my weekend passed by in a blur as always.

Saturday
Went out shopping with my mother before going home to watch the AO women's finals. So glad Li Na won :D Asian pride!

Sunday
Church in the morning, then went to Parsabella at Bukit Timah for lunch. Finally got to try the Paella (YUM) that was reviewed in 8 Days a long time ago (I personally prefer this to the Marche version), and I drank ginger beer that had a certain percentage of alcohol in it. Do they usually put alcohol in ginger beer?! I'm not being a prude and I can hold my drink, but I don't remember commercially canned ginger beer tasting the same. Subsequently I went to Holland Village to meet other friends and we shared a slice of baileys infused chocolate tart. More liquor oops. Ended the day with the AO men's finals. I realise that tennis really gets me sitting on the edge of my seat. Every match I watch, I pretty much find myself clutching a pillow and doggedly following the scoreline. And I know there isn't any sense in believing that you watching a match will change the way the player performs, but sometimes I get struck by that disease too. I upped and left for much of the third set because Nadal was making a comeback (-_-) and I came back to watch the fourth. Can't say that I was confident that Wawrinka would win from the start, but after going 2 sets to love with an injured Nadal I was all ready for him to wrap up the match. So I'm pretty glad that he won, although it would have been even more awesome if it had been Federer (YUM).

And on a more bimbotic/healthy living note, I opened my new bottle of Laniege gel moisturiser! I FINALLY finished the one from L'occitane, and for me that's a big achievement because I'm so bad at keeping the habit of applying creams. In fact, I actually take better care of my skin when I am overseas than when I'm back home in Singapore. Maybe it's because the air is significantly drier elsewhere, so psychologically I'm like: apply moisturiser! I really like this new moisturiser though. It's not at all sticky and because it's gel based, I can barely feel it after it's absorbed.

Okay, till next time! Hopefully I keep up with this moisturising habit;)

xo
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment